1/4 Photos of Rumbledthumps
The name for this British dish means "mixed together" - rumbled, and "bashed together" - thumped. This is a meatless main course but can also be served as a vegetable dish along with meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the potatoes thickly and boil in salted water.
- 2Once cooked, drain and mash.
- 3Slice the cabbage and steam or boil gently in salted water, do not over cook!
- 4Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan and cook the onions or leeks.
- 5Once they are all completely soft, add the cooked potatoes and cabbage.
- 6Add a little cream, season to taste and beat together.
- 7Place the mixture in an oven safe dish, cover with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and place under a hot broiler to brown.
- 8Garnish with chives and serve.
Nutritional Facts for Rumbledthumps
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 238.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g