1/1 Photo of Salmon and Crab in Phyllo With White Wine Honey Mustard Sauce
Vino Girl's Note:
This is a simple and healthy dish. The sauce is optional, but if you like a light vinegar-y sauce, it does add a little something to the dish. Otherwise some sort of cream sauce would probably be nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs (plain or Italian flavored)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 ounce fat-free cream cheese (or reduced fat, or regular)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 3 ounces crabmeat or 3 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless salmon fillets, thawed
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly oil (or use cooking spray) a glass baking dish.
- 2Place parsley, bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp dill weed, lemon juice, garlic, lemon pepper, and 2 Tbsp white wine in a mini food processor or chopper; process until parsley is finely chopped and the other ingredients are well combined.
- 3Add in cream cheese and process again until well mixed.
- 4Add parmesan and crab and pulse a couple of times just to lightly mix everything together and to break up the crab a bit (don't pulverize the crab).
- 5Lay out one sheet of phyllo and spray with cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil.
- 6Layer a second sheet on top and spray again.
- 7Spoon half of the crab mixture into the middle of the phyllo, and lay one salmon filet on top.
- 8Wrap and fold the dough over the fish, and place fold side down in the baking dish.
- 9Spray the top of the packet with cooking spray.
- 10Repeat with the remaining phyllo, fish, and crab mixture.
- 11Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the phyllo has begun to brown.
- 12When there are just a few minutes of baking time left, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan with a wire whisk.
- 13Cook over medium-low heat while whisking continuously, and remove from heat as soon as it comes to a boil.
- 14Spoon sauce over the packets and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Crab in Phyllo With White Wine Honey Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 871.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 48.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: