1/1 Photo of Salmon With Rice-Florentine
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Had this in a restaurant and have experimented with the filling to get to this. Lots of variation possibilities with this one. Create, dear ZaarChefs! To sauce or not to sauce...that is the question. LOL Note: Prep time does not include refrigerator time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 salmon fillets, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (softened) or 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh romano cheese or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1In mixing bowl, combine rice, spinach, cream cheese, Tabasco- if using -butter, cheese, garlic, and egg.
- 2Blend thoroughly.
- 3Add a little mayo, if needed to make a creamy, but stiff mixture. (Needs to hold together well.)
- 4Dry fillets.
- 5Place enough mixture on fillets, to ½” thick-- spreading evenly. CAREFUL NOT TO OVERFILL.
- 6Starting with short side, roll up tightly. Place in dish with seam side down; refrigerate about 2 hours to set filling. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 dgrees F.
- 7Remove salmon rolls to cutting board. With a very sharp knife, cut each roll in half to form rolls about 2” thick.
- 8Place all 4 rolls in lightly sprayed baking dish; cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes until salmon flakes.
- 9Remove foil; dot tops with butter and place under broiler until light golden.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Rice-Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.2
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 161.6 mg
- Sodium 321.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 39.1 g