This is wonderful with beer, margarita's, whatever else you're serving. This dip/spread is quick, easy and delectable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/4 cup walnuts or 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces plain goat cheese (or you can just use more cream cheese)
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- tortilla chips or pita bread rounds or crisp toast
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 2Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven until lightly browned and very fragrant, 7-8 minutes should do it.
- 3Transfer to a medium bowl Add the cheeses to the bowl and combine thoroughly with the nuts.
- 4Scoop the cheese mixture into the center of a baking dish, such as a decorative 9" pie plate, and form into a 5" disk.
- 5Spoon te salsa over and around the cheese.
- 6Bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve as a dip or a spread with tortilla chips or other crisps*Note: if the salsa is very chunky, you may want to strain it or chop it in a food processor so the pieces won't fall off the chips.
- 8Also, really good if the chips are heated!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Baked Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 597.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g