Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is wonderful with beer, margarita's, whatever else you're serving. This dip/spread is quick, easy and delectable!
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces plain goat cheese (or you can just use more cream cheese)
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- tortilla chips or pita bread rounds or crisp toast
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven until lightly browned and very fragrant, 7-8 minutes should do it.
- Transfer to a medium bowl Add the cheeses to the bowl and combine thoroughly with the nuts.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into the center of a baking dish, such as a decorative 9" pie plate, and form into a 5" disk.
- Spoon te salsa over and around the cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve as a dip or a spread with tortilla chips or other crisps*Note: if the salsa is very chunky, you may want to strain it or chop it in a food processor so the pieces won't fall off the chips.
- Also, really good if the chips are heated!