Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is wonderful with beer, margarita's, whatever else you're serving. This dip/spread is quick, easy and delectable!
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces plain goat cheese (or you can just use more cream cheese)
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- tortilla chips or pita bread rounds or crisp toast
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven until lightly browned and very fragrant, 7-8 minutes should do it.
- Transfer to a medium bowl Add the cheeses to the bowl and combine thoroughly with the nuts.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into the center of a baking dish, such as a decorative 9" pie plate, and form into a 5" disk.
- Spoon te salsa over and around the cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve as a dip or a spread with tortilla chips or other crisps*Note: if the salsa is very chunky, you may want to strain it or chop it in a food processor so the pieces won't fall off the chips.
- Also, really good if the chips are heated!
This was very good. My choice of nuts was Pecans. I also used a mild flavored goat cheese, tomato & basil. I had this with pita chips, very crunchy, my BH had with Lime flavored tortilla chips. I left out the cilantro, I don't care for it personally. We had this along with Chili during a Georgia football game, a hit! Thanks for posting!!
I bought some goat cheese from Sam's club and was wondering what to do with it when I ran across this recipe. I made it for a gathering and everyone loved it. Honestly, the guests talked about it all night! Definitely a keeper! I used walnuts, but think any of the nuts suggested would work out as well. Great recipe Tish!