Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A combo of colored favored tortillas works great. The presentation, people with rave over. This makes 90 to 96 pinwheels, figure 5 per person.
- 5 cups grated cheese (fontina, old cheddar or Monterey jack)
- 3 cups grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄3 cup slivered fresh basil
- 12 black olives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 12 soft flour tortillas
- 1 leaf lettuce, cleaned and patted dry, sliced into slivers (2 or 3 leaves)
- 3 red peppers, roasted then cut into strips
- Mix together grated cheeses, basil, black olives, green onion, garlic and mayonnaise.
- Thinly spread mixture all over open tortilla.
- Then at the one end of the tortilla, lay 3 or 4 strips of roasted pepper as well as about 1/2 cup of slivered lettuce.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly.
- Wrap the tortillas tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove from refrigerator; slice each tortilla (on a bit of an angle) in about 8 slices.
- Then display the slices on a platter with a little parsley or other garnish.
I made this for an apres-football game party and loved it. I didn't buy the asiago cheese, but used extra old cheddar. Easy and good, with a number of requests for the recipe.