Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My dad was away last night and my mum told me this was what we were having for dinner, I was running for the hills, literally! I hate sardines, but I actually loved this
- 2 slices bread
- 1 (95 g) can sardines in tomato sauce
- 2 slices cheese (your favourite best melting one)
- Toast the bread lightly.
- Place a slice of cheese on each piece of toast.
- Put two sardines on each with tomato sauce.
- Put under the grill until cheese bubbles.
This sounded very strange to me, but it was good for a quick lunch. Instead of using two slices of bread per serving, I used just one slice and sandwiched the sardines and tomato sauce between two slices of cheese. Even my picky kids ate it. Any recipe that can get my kids to eat sardines gets 5 stars from me!
Nice, quick and easy...