Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Quick Cooking magazine. This tastes wonderful and looks great on the table. A great way to get the kids to eat asparagus too :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I prefer seasoned salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)
- If desired, partially cook the asparagus; drain.
- Place the asparagus in a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken over asparagus.
- In a bowl, mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.