1 hr 10 mins
Nicole Brummett's Note:
From Quick Cooking magazine. This tastes wonderful and looks great on the table. A great way to get the kids to eat asparagus too :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I prefer seasoned salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp)
- 1If desired, partially cook the asparagus; drain.
- 2Place the asparagus in a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- 3In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on both sides.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Arrange chicken over asparagus.
- 6In a bowl, mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken.
- 7Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saucy Chicken and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.5
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 118.9 mg
- Sodium 1370.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 38.3 g