1/1 Photo of Savory Palmiers
1 hr 15 mins
Frozen puff pastry becomes your best friend in this recipe. (I didn't have a box on hand when writing up this recipe so the 16 oz. is a guess. Just buy one box with 2 sheets of puff pastry.) It's so easy to use and is available in the freezer aisle in most grocery stores. Palmiers are usually sweet but here they are baked with pesto, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes to make a savory treat. Great to serve with cocktails. Recipe by Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa.
My Private Note
hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly flour a board and carefully unfold one sheet of puff pastry.
- 2Roll the pastry lightly with a rolling pin until it is 9 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches.
- 3Spread the sheet of puff pastry with half the pesto, then sprinkle with half the goat cheese, half the sun-dried tomatoes, and half the pine nuts. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4Working from the short ends, fold each end halfway to the center. Then fold each side again toward the center until the folded edges almost touch. Fold one side over the other and press lightly.
- 5Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- 6Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry, using the remaining ingredients.
- 7Cover both rolls with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 9Cut the prepared rolls of puff pastry into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them faceup 2 inches apart on sheet pans lined with parchement paper.
- 10Bake for 14 minutes, until golden brown.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Palmiers
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: