1/5 Photos of Scalloped Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
I've searched through the recipe collection and did not find anything matching this recipe. It is my daughter's favorite veggie casserole dish and is always requested for her birthday dinner and any other time she plans on coming over for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Parboil the broccoli florets until still crisp-tender and then drain well.
- 3Place the prepared broccoli in a 9x13 inch baking dish (or at least a 3 quart casserole dish).
- 4In a small bowl or 2 cup measure, mix together the soup, milk and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- 5Pour soup mixture over the broccoli and spread evenly.
- 6*Optional* Sprinkle more shredded cheese over the top of the soup mixture.
- 7Melt butter in a small saucepan then add breadcrumbs and mix together. The breadcrumbs should be lightly coated - use an amount that fits your needs.
- 8Spread breadcrumb mixture over the top of the casserole to cover.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes in the 350 degree oven (uncovered).
- 10I have prepared this dish the day before and covered it well and then actually baked it the next day and it does fine.
- 11You can also add cubed cooked chicken to this recipe (about 2 cups). Place the chicken over the broccoli layer and then pour the soup mixture over that. I usually make a bit more soup mixture when adding the chicken. Makes a great one dish meal using leftover ingredients.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 228.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup