1/1 Photo of Scalloped Potatoes with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
1 hr 10 mins
I saw this demonstrated on the Oprah show and I knew I had to try these out. Oprah was writhing with pleasure while she described these, and now I know why!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato pesto (see recipe I posted here on the 'zaar)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup parve chicken broth or 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock, heated to boiling
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400ÿF.
- 2Lightly oil an 11 © x 8-inch (2-quart) baking dish.
- 3Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 4Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds (a mandoline or food processor does the quickest work).
- 5Add to the boiling water and cook until barely tender, about 8 minutes.
- 6Drain and toss with the pesto to coat evenly.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Layer half of the potatoes in the dish, sprinkle with one third of the cheese, and sprinkle with basil.
- 9Continue until you have 3 layers, finishing with cheese.
- 10Pour in the hot broth.
- 11Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes.
- 13Uncover and continue to bake until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
- 14Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 182.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato pesto