From Everyday Food: "Cherries aren't only for jams and pies -- these juicy, ruby red summer beauties are ripe for the picking in this refreshing salad."
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled (2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb bing cherry, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, goat cheese, chives, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Thinly slice chicken crosswise.
- Divide lettuce among four plates; top with chicken, cherries, and walnuts. Serve salad with dressing alongside.
- Note: If dressing is too thick, it may be thinned out with a little milk.