1/2 Photos of Seared-Chicken Salad With Cherries and Goat-Cheese Dressing
From Everyday Food: "Cherries aren't only for jams and pies -- these juicy, ruby red summer beauties are ripe for the picking in this refreshing salad."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled (2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 lb bing cherry, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, goat cheese, chives, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4Working in batches, cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Thinly slice chicken crosswise.
- 5Divide lettuce among four plates; top with chicken, cherries, and walnuts. Serve salad with dressing alongside.
- 6Note: If dressing is too thick, it may be thinned out with a little milk.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared-Chicken Salad With Cherries and Goat-Cheese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 146.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh goat cheese
white wine vinegar