This is a beautiful, elegant, tasty salad. Choose a bowl worthy of the ingredients, and get ready for the compliments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 (12 ounce) bag spinach
- 4 eggs, hardboiled and thinly sliced
- 3 bunches green onions
- 1 lb bacon, fried,drained,and crumbled
- 10 ounces frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup swiss cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- olive, sliced (optional)
- chopped ham (optional)
- specialty lettuce (optional)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1Also need 1 beautiful glass bowl, preferably with straight sides.
- 2Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces and put 1/2 the lettuce in the bowl, spreading evenly.
- 3Clean the spinach, remove stems, and tear in bite sized pieces.
- 4Spread 1/2 the spinach in over the lettuce.
- 5Spread 1/2 of the eggs over the spinach.
- 6Spread 1/2 of the bacon over the eggs.
- 7Spread 1/2 of the peas over the bacon.
- 8Sprinkle the peas with sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 9Mix the sour cream and mayo.
- 10Spread 1/2 the dressing over the salad.
- 11Repeat the layers, ending with the second layer of salad dressing.
- 12Top the dressing with the cheese.
- 13Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- 14Before serving the salad, clean the green onions and slice the root off.
- 15Cut all the onions the same length (about 2" taller than the bowl).
- 16Unwrap the bowl, and imagine the bowl is the face of a clock.
- 17Slide one green onion down between the salad and the bowl at each point of the clock, with the top of the onion sticking above the bowl.
- 18If there are any green onions remaining after you've used 12, then slice the remaining onions and tops and sprinkle over the salad.
- 19Use the optional ingredients for other layers, or to vary the salad the next time you make it.
- 20This salad is so pretty, you may have to take the first serving: people won't want to'mess it up'.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seven Layer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.2
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 484.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g