1/2 Photos of Shrimp and Cheese Grits
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe come from The Crook's Corner Restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC and The Southern Living Magazine, February 2008 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 lb unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
For Cheese Grits
- 1For Shrimp:.
- 2Over medium heat cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet for 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, crumble, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tsp drippings in skillet.
- 3Peel shrimp and devein, if desired.
- 4Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; then dredge in flour.
- 5Sauté mushrooms in hot bacon drippings with oil in skillet 5 minutes or until tender.
- 6Add green onions, and sauté 2 minutes.
- 7Add shrimp and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly browned.
- 8Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce, and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- 9Spoon shrimp mixture over hot Cheese Grits; sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- 10For Cheese Grits:.
- 11Bring first 3 ingredients and 1 1/3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Cheese Grits
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 909.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g