Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this casserole. I have even used dried pasta and had it work out just as well. Has a very pretty presentation despite how easy it is to throw together.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 9 ounces uncooked fresh angel hair pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild thick & chunky salsa
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 x 8 inch pan with the tablespoon of butter.
- Combine eggs, half& half, yogurt, Swiss cheese, feta cheese, parsley, basil and oregano in a medium bowl, mixing well.
- Spread 1/2 of the pasta on the bottom of the greased pan.
- Cover with all of the salsa.
- Top with 1/2 of the shrimp.
- Cover with remaining pasta.
- Spread egg mixture over pasta and top with the remaining shrimp.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
we LOVED this! I took it to the nursing home for dinner with my dad - he made sure I was passing the recipe to my mom and my sister so he could have it again! I lightened it up, using pam spray, lite yogurt and fat-free milk. Was sooo yummy!
Yummy! I was wondering whether this odd combination with salsa would actually be good and it was. The family devoured it! I substituted different cheeses (parmesan, romano and mozzerella) and it turned out great. Make sure you have liquid covering all the noodles while it bakes. Thanks!
Easy great tasting dinner. I made this tonight after seeing it in a recent issue of Taste of Home. Execpt for a few minor changes to the amounts and layers it was the same recipe. I didn't have half and half or yogurt so I substituted with about 2oz cream cheese, 8oz sour cream, and 1 cup whole milk. It worked great. The only other change was that I layered half of the pasta, shrimp, feta, swiss, and salsa then repeated. Topping it all with the parsley, seasonings (I used Emeril's Italian Essence), and monterey jack then poured the egg mixture on top. Classy enough for a special dinner, but easy enough for everyday! This one will undoubtably be made many many times.