I love this casserole. I have even used dried pasta and had it work out just as well. Has a very pretty presentation despite how easy it is to throw together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 9 ounces uncooked fresh angel hair pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild thick & chunky salsa
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 12 x 8 inch pan with the tablespoon of butter.
- 3Combine eggs, half& half, yogurt, Swiss cheese, feta cheese, parsley, basil and oregano in a medium bowl, mixing well.
- 4Spread 1/2 of the pasta on the bottom of the greased pan.
- 5Cover with all of the salsa.
- 6Top with 1/2 of the shrimp.
- 7Cover with remaining pasta.
- 8Spread egg mixture over pasta and top with the remaining shrimp.
- 9Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 11Let stand for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & Angel Hair Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.8
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 253.6 mg
- Sodium 878.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 38.2 g