1/1 Photo of Simple Antipasto Salad (The Way My Mom Made It)
From my understanding, this is NOT traditional antipasto, but it's loosely based on the antipasto salad I used to order when I lived in Grand Junction, CO, at a restaurant called Junction Square. I do not remember the exact ingredient amounts so everything's estimated, however, this does use an entire head of iceberg lettuce, so it can easily feed 3-5 I would guess. We always ate this as a main dish, and for lunch. All of the ingredients are easily found in your grocery store's deli and produce departments, and packaged cheese section. Cook time is assembly time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped and shredded
- 3/4-1 lb hard salami (Hormel Hard Salami or Genoa is good for this, ask your deli to slice into 1/4 inch-thick slices)
- 2 -4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2-1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (my fave is Kraft, and you can use light or fat-free instead)
- 1Remove outer leaves and wash the iceberg lettuce and pat dry.
- 2Chop and shred the iceberg lettuce and place in large bowl.
- 3Chop the 1/4 inch-thick salami slices into bite-sized chunks. Add to the iceberg.
- 4Chop tomatoes, add to the iceberg.
- 5Sprinkle salad with desired amount of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 6When ready to serve, pour over your favorite Italian dressing and toss to coat.
- 7Note: If you know there won't be enough people to finish the salad in one sitting, assemble only a small amount to serve at the time, and keep the rest of the prepared ingredients in separate containers in the fridge and assemble right before eating to prevent sogginess.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Antipasto Salad (The Way My Mom Made It)
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 1084.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 13.4 g