This is a recipe my friend Kym showed me - and I have been making it ever since!! It goes great with my Sweet and Sour Meatballs - I serve this as an appetizer when I have guests with a little sweet chili sauce - YUMMY!! Vary amounts depending on the number of wontons you want - the filling is great spread on French bread with cheddar cheese and baked open face too!!
- Soften cream cheese on counter while prepping onions and cooking mixture.
- In skillet sauté onions, butter, crab with salt and pepper until onions are translucent.
- Immediately stir hot mixture into softened cream cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Spoon small amount of mixture into middle of each wonton.
- Moisten fingertips and apply to edges of wrappers, then press together to close forming a triangular shape (folded in half).
- Bring outer tips together and press to loosely form a pointed fortune cookie shape.
- Heat oil in skillet (medium to medium high), and place wontons in hot oil.
- Turn a couple of times until all sides are lightly golden brown.
- Watch closely as they will turn dark very quickly. ;).
- When done place on a paper towel lined plate to drain; repeat until all are cooked.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.