1/1 Photo of Simply Scrumptious Crab Wontons
Mommy Diva's Note:
This is a recipe my friend Kym showed me - and I have been making it ever since!! It goes great with my Sweet and Sour Meatballs - I serve this as an appetizer when I have guests with a little sweet chili sauce - YUMMY!! Vary amounts depending on the number of wontons you want - the filling is great spread on French bread with cheddar cheese and baked open face too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften cream cheese on counter while prepping onions and cooking mixture.
- 2In skillet sauté onions, butter, crab with salt and pepper until onions are translucent.
- 3Immediately stir hot mixture into softened cream cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- 4Spoon small amount of mixture into middle of each wonton.
- 5Moisten fingertips and apply to edges of wrappers, then press together to close forming a triangular shape (folded in half).
- 6Bring outer tips together and press to loosely form a pointed fortune cookie shape.
- 7Heat oil in skillet (medium to medium high), and place wontons in hot oil.
- 8Turn a couple of times until all sides are lightly golden brown.
- 9Watch closely as they will turn dark very quickly. ;).
- 10When done place on a paper towel lined plate to drain; repeat until all are cooked.
- 11Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Scrumptious Crab Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.6
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 914.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.2 g