Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Recipe Plus and Australian Magazine. This will make two pizzas with lots of flavour.
Make and share this Smoked Salmon, Tomato and Feta Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 prepared pizza crust (28 cm round)
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce (spicy)
- 2 tomatoes (medium thinly sliced)
- 1 small squid (tube, cleaned cut into thin rings)
- 100 g smoked salmon (cut into thick strips)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza cheese (reduced fat grated)
- 1⁄2 red onion (medium thinly sliced)
- 100 g feta (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (flat-leaf chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (long red deseeded thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
- Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan forced).
- Lightly grease 2 pizza trays and place the bases on them.
- Spread sauce evenly over each base and bake for 10 minutes or until bases a light golden in colour.
- Top bases with equal amounts of tomato, squid, salmon, pizza cheese, onion and feta.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until squid is cooked and bases are crisp.
- Sprinkle with parsley and chilie and cut into wedges and serve with lemon.
Very fun and delicious. I used Bread Machine Pizza Crust for the dough. I didn't quite get the spicy red sauce concept with the subtle flavors of the smoked salmon and feta cheese, so the next time I would substitute a marinara sauce for a more mild flavor and in keeping with a seafood theme. Thanks, I'mPat, for a tasty dinner! Made for Think Pink, an October 2010 special event.
I made one pizza and must confess to leaving the squid out as I am not a big fan - added mushrooms instead. My feta was the marinated version - pizza was just wonderful.
The flavors in this work very well! That being said, I found it too salty for our tastes (and I decreased the amounts of salmon and feta considerably). I used New York-Style Pizza Sauce which was so easy and so good. I also used the flat leaf parsley (from my garden) but forgot to put it on for the pictures. I also used Trader Joe's garlic and herb crust which was fabulous with this combot of flavors. Lastly I added a bunch of spinach which was awesome and increased the health factor. . .totally recommend it! Thanks Pat! Made for MAKE MY RECIPE.