From a handwritten recipe card. Quick, simple and full of flavor.
Make and share this Smoky Mountain Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Season chicken evenly with spice mix.
- Place chicken in pam sprayed baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup bbq sauce, 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with garnishes. Serve with rice.
This was a tasty & easy dish; perfect for a weeknight after work. One reviewer mentioned the tomato & onion topping adding freshness....I totally agree with that; don't skip that step. 5 Yums!
We enjoyed this very much I did not have ham so used crispy bacon it was good
Lots of flavour & simple to make...for a weeknight meal this really was perfect for us. We used chicken thighs (I tend to overcook breasts), a gourmet peppercorn bbq sauce, black forest ham thinly sliced and a spicy, chili pepper cheese. Topping these with the green onion and tomato garnish at the very end adds that bit of freshness that tastes so delicious - definitely a must do! Thank you, Kelly, for sharing your recipe. Made for the Cookathon for KelBel in Memory of her DH, Eric.