1/1 Photo of Snappy Appy's- Fast Appetizers from Pantry Staples
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Pull these out of your hat and look like a genius! Great for those last minute or SURPRISE guests! Amounts are approximate! Just put some on the plate according to the number of guests you have and the amount of ingredients you have on hand. Simple, yummy and pretty! Definitely a Southern kinda thing. We are RAISED to automatically say "Well! Look who's here! How ARE all y'all?" and then immediately ask "what would y'all like to drink" and "Y'all eat yet (or as every redneck says -jeetyet?" These are easy, simple, fast and yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 crackers, flavored are best (we like onion or garlic)
- 3 ounces cream cheese or 3 ounces cream cheese spread or 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced fine (we like chives, dill, parsley, whatever we have on hand) or 1 tablespoon dried herbs (we like chives, dill, parsley, whatever we have on hand)
- 1Place crackers on a pretty plate or tray.
- 2Mince herbs and add to cheese in a small bowl. If using regular cream cheese you can microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.
- 3Mix to combine and spread on crackers or simply place the bowl in the middle of the plate, add a cheese spreader or a nice knife and allow your guests to spread their own.
- 4NOTES: Some onion or garlic powder is nice added to the spread, especially if your crackers are plain.
- 5Flavored cream cheese or goat cheese can be used. The addition of the herbs can be reduced if you like or left out all together. Fresh herbs always makes any dish extra special though!
- 6I like to add a sprinkle of the herbs on top to garnish! Pretty and FAST!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snappy Appy's- Fast Appetizers from Pantry Staples
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.5
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 189.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: