1/1 Photo of Southwestern Pinwheels
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This appetizer can be doubled or tripled. Another recipe from Vegetarian Times
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa, canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce or 1/2 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (10 inch) spinach tortillas or 2 (10 inch) green chili peppers tortillas
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- spinach leaves
- 1In small bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onion, salsa, cilantro and cumin.
- 2Mix until combined.
- 3Spread cheese mixture over tortillas.
- 4Place a layer of spinach over cheese.
- 5Roll tightly and then wrap in plastic.
- 6Chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- 7Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- 8Place on a serving platter with the cut side up.
- 9Garnish each pinwheel with cilantro sprig. Cover and chill up to 1 hour before serving. Before serving, add a dollop of salsa to the top of each pinwheel.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 52.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: