This appetizer can be doubled or tripled. Another recipe from Vegetarian Times
Make and share this Southwestern Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded Mexican blend cheese or 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa, canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce or 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (10 inch) spinach tortillas or 2 (10 inch) green chili peppers tortillas
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- spinach leaves
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onion, salsa, cilantro and cumin.
- Mix until combined.
- Spread cheese mixture over tortillas.
- Place a layer of spinach over cheese.
- Roll tightly and then wrap in plastic.
- Chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Place on a serving platter with the cut side up.
- Garnish each pinwheel with cilantro sprig. Cover and chill up to 1 hour before serving. Before serving, add a dollop of salsa to the top of each pinwheel.