1/2 Photos of Spaghetti Carbonara
Perfect Pixie's Note:
My Mum makes this all the time, it's quick to whip up and so tempting. She got this out of an italian womans weekely cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1put serving dish in pre heated oven so it gets hot.
- 2cook spaghetti in boiling, slated water for 10-12 minutes, or until "al dente" (as they say), or just tender.
- 3meanwhile, melt one-third of the butter in a fry pan.
- 4add the bacon and fry until it is crisp, remove from heat and stir in cream, set aside.
- 5beat the eggs and the grated cheese together until they are well blended. stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- 6drain spaghetti in a colander then transfer to a warmed, deep serving bowl/dish, it should sizzle (if not - go to note).
- 7add remaining butter and using two large spoons, toss gently until butter melts, stir in bacon mixture and toss gently until the spaghetti is well coated.
- 8finally pour over the egg mixture and toss gently until the spaghetti is well coated and starts to show that the egg is almost setting in a way.
- 9serve at once.
- 10NOTE: we had the problem the other night that the dish wasn't hot enough, so once you have drained the pasta, put the pan back on the heat and re-add the pasta with the bacon mixture, and then add the egg mixture and keep over the heat a few minutes while stirring until it begins to coat the spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.0
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 238.6 mg
- Sodium 762.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.1 g