1/2 Photos of Spicy Monterey Jack Cheese Logs
A pair of these savory spreads makes a great holiday gift. I made these last Christmas as an appetizer before our big dinner, and I watched them disappear! You can make ahead and wrap each log in heavy-duty plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. From Christmas with Southern Living 2004, recipe submitted by Charles Flournoy of Dallas, TX. Prep time is cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, blend well. Stir in shredded cheeses. Divide cheese mixture in half, and shape each portion into an 8-inch log.
- 2Combine pecans and chopped parsley, roll logs in nut mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours (I wrapped in wax paper). Let stand 1 hour before serving.
- 3Serve with a variety of crackers. Garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Monterey Jack Cheese Logs
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 186.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.7 g