1/4 Photos of Spicy Sausage Stuffed Monterey Mushrooms
I don't remember what cookbook this is from. I think it was a compilation of restaurant recipes. These are excellent! They disappear everytime I make them. They are spicy so if you don't like heat, you can try making them without the red pepper flakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 medium mushroom caps
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot ground pork breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean is good) or 1 (16 ounce) package regular ground pork breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean is good)
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, I use Neufchatel
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese or 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes, less for less heat
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Remove the stems and set aside (they can be minced and added to the sausage mixture later is desired).
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Cook and crumble the sausage in a large skillet until done, drain, and place in a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, jack cheese, crushed red pepper flakes and minced stems if desired. Mix well.
- 5Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture into each mushroom cap.
- 6Place the stuffed mushroom caps on a rimmed baking pan, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 8Serve stuffed mushrooms on a decorative serving platter.
- 9Sometimes I make them ahead and line a tupperware with papertowels and put them in it. Then they are ready to bake just before the event.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sausage Stuffed Monterey Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 514.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g