1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
These take a bit of time to prepare but are worth the effort. You can use puff pastry instead of phyllo and make them big for a satisfying lunch or small for appetizers. They also freeze well and can be cooked from frozen. Great to have on hand for unexpected company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g frozen chopped spinach
- 220 g crumbled greek feta
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 250 g cream cheese, block softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 30 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1Saute 2-3 min., white and light green parts of scallions and the garlic in the olive oil. Watch closely. You just want it to soften, not to brown.
- 2Squeeze the excess water out of the spinach.
- 3In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the veg. oil, butter and pastry. Mix gently but thoroughly.
- 4Combine the veg. oil and butter.
- 5Place 1 sheet of phyllo on your work surface (keep the rest covered with a damp tea towel to prevent drying out). Using a pastry brush, lightly brush with the butter mixture. Place a second sheet on top and brush again. Place a third sheet on top and brush again.
- 6Cut the layers into 3 equal strips, lengthwise.
- 7Place a heaping tablespoon of the filling 1/2 an inch away from the narrow edge nearest you on the first row of strips.
- 8Take the bottom left corner and fold it over the filling so the narrow edge meets the side edge, forming a triangle.
- 9Keep folding the dough over like you are folding a flag, sort of like flipping the triangle over and over. If there is a bit of phyllo left when you reach the top, just fold it under.
- 10Repeat this process until you run out of filling, phyllo or patience!
- 11These can be frozen for a week or two. Separate layers with waxed paper.
- 12Brush tops lightly with melted butter, place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375' for 15-18 minute (20-25 minute if frozen) or until tops are golden.
- 13Leftovers can be reheated at 375' for 8 minute.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and 3 Cheese Phyllo Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 234.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g