1/1 Photo of Spinach Cheese Squares
From the 1980 edition of The Philadelphia Orchestra Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- 2Pour melted butter into 9 X 13 baking dish and swirl around to cover sides.
- 3In medium bowl combine salt, pepper, baking powder and flour and set aside.
- 4In large bowl, beat eggs with milk. Add flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
- 5Add onion, cheese and spinach, mixing after each addition.
- 6Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with pine nuts, if using.
- 7Bake for 35 minutes. Remove and let cool 45 minutes to set before cutting into bite-sized pieces.
- 8These may be frozen for future use. To freeze, place squares on cookie sheet. When frozen, transfer to a plastic bag. To reheat, bake at 165C/325F for 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Cheese Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1744 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 184.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g