Prep 8 hrs
Cook 45 mins
From TOH, this is easy and makes a lot. Good for a brunch or potluck. Be sure to make ahead to meld all the tastes!
- 10 slices French bread (1", thick) or 6 plain croissants, split
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) packet frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed driy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a greasd 13 X 9 X 2" baking dish, arrange French bread or croissants with sides overlapping.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, spinach, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
I've made this a number of time for brunch parties - it's ALWAYS the most popular dish! I recommend using the french bread and the feta.
Wow is this good!!!!
It is delicious. Had it at a mom's group, then got the recipe from recipezaar, it is easy to make and a favorite of mine. The salt from the feta with the spinach and bread makes it so full of flavor.