8 hrs 45 mins
From TOH, this is easy and makes a lot. Good for a brunch or potluck. Be sure to make ahead to meld all the tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices French bread (1", thick) or 6 plain croissants, split
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) packet frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed driy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1In a greasd 13 X 9 X 2" baking dish, arrange French bread or croissants with sides overlapping.
- 2In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, spinach, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over bread.
- 3Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 4Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Feta Strata
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 704.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.0 g