Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a firm pizza that will make even spinach haters LOVE it. Excellent for vegetarians. For a beautiful meal, serve this pizza with a sparkling red wine.
- 1 large prepared pizza crust or 1 can refrigerated pizza dough, roll out crust from the refrigerator section
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pam cooking spray or olive oil
- Very lightly spray pam on pizza crust, or spread 1-2 teaspoons olive oil on crust.
- Spread the baby spinach leaves over the crust in a single layer, to within 1/2" of the edge.
- Spread the mushrooms on the spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle the onions over mushrooms and spinach.
- Spread the cheese over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake at 425 15-18 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Made this a couple of times now. The whole family loves it and periodically requests it again. I make as directed with 2 exceptions. I have an old favorite recipe for a quick homemade pizza dough, and I use a small can of mushrooms, drained, and chop them with the onion in my mini-food processor. In step 3, I spread my mixture over the pizza in little sausage-like lumps. I originally came up with the "mock-sausage" for my daughter who doesn't like the texture of mushrooms, but it's really good. Everyone loves it this way. Thanks wildheart for a new standard.
This was great! I used one of those Boboli pizza crusts and added some sliced tomatoes to the top. Yummy!
My wife cooked this exactly as written, except that I asked her to add about 6 leaves of fresh basil(chopped) from the first yield in my garden. Doggone good recipe! I loved it, and so did my daughter. My wife is biased against tomato-less pizza and didn't try it...yet.