You can add a dash of fresh herbs such as thyme, basil, parsley, and/or oregano to the frico during cooking to spice them up a bit for added flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Parmesan Frico Cups
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 4 cups)
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. CITRUS VINAIGRETTE: Combine all the ingredients in a jar or a tight-sealing plastic container. Shake to blend.
- FRICO CUPS: Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place 4 (1/4-cup) mounds of Parmesan cheese on the mat and gently tap down until each mound is flat and about 5 inches in diameter. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, invert a muffin pan onto the counter. Working quickly, use a thin spatula to transfer each of the Frico onto the inverted muffin tin (to form upside-down cups). Let cool until firm, about 5 minutes.
- SALAD & ASSEMBLY: In a large bowl, combine all the spinach salad ingredients. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Divide the salad among the Parmesan Frico Cups. Serve immediately.