Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy, quick, family pleasing OAMC recipe. I adapted Tish's great Chicken Packet recipe (#50767) for a new flavor. My kids beg for it & dh loves it, too! For OAMC, I make quadruple batches and freeze in four 1 qt bags. I use the blender or food processor to crush a big batch of croutons into crumbs and store them in another quart bag in the freezer to be used as needed (I find a lot of other uses for these crumbs!). Enjoy.
- 2 cups chopped cooked steak
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 chopped green onions (or 1 T chives)
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned croutons, crushed to crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Mix steak, cheese, cream cheese, milk, green onions, roasted red peppers, and salt in a medium bowl to make filling. For OAMC: Freeze in a 1 qt freezer bag.
- Crush croutons to coarse crumbs in blender or food processor. For OAMC: Freeze in another freezer bag.
- If OAMC, thaw the filling in the refrigerator overnight before using (or quick-thaw for an hour in a pan of warm water).
- To prepare for serving, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto two cookie sheets. Each tube contains 8 triangles of dough. Press two triangles together (you can overlap a bit to press together well so they won't separate while baking) to make a rectangle. You'll get 4 rectangles out of each tube.
- Place about 1/4 c of the steak filling onto one end of each rectangle.
- Fold dough over the filling and pinch edges to seal tightly.
- Brush all sides of the packet with the melted butter.
- Coat each packet with the crushed croutons.
- Place packets on baking sheets.
- Bake 20 min or until golden brown.
Very good flavor...even my picky 9 year old raved over these!!