An easy, quick, family pleasing OAMC recipe. I adapted Tish's great Chicken Packet recipe (#50767) for a new flavor. My kids beg for it & dh loves it, too! For OAMC, I make quadruple batches and freeze in four 1 qt bags. I use the blender or food processor to crush a big batch of croutons into crumbs and store them in another quart bag in the freezer to be used as needed (I find a lot of other uses for these crumbs!). Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped cooked steak
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 chopped green onions (or 1 T chives)
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons, crushed to crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1Mix steak, cheese, cream cheese, milk, green onions, roasted red peppers, and salt in a medium bowl to make filling. For OAMC: Freeze in a 1 qt freezer bag.
- 2Crush croutons to coarse crumbs in blender or food processor. For OAMC: Freeze in another freezer bag.
- 3If OAMC, thaw the filling in the refrigerator overnight before using (or quick-thaw for an hour in a pan of warm water).
- 4To prepare for serving, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Unroll crescent rolls onto two cookie sheets. Each tube contains 8 triangles of dough. Press two triangles together (you can overlap a bit to press together well so they won't separate while baking) to make a rectangle. You'll get 4 rectangles out of each tube.
- 6Place about 1/4 c of the steak filling onto one end of each rectangle.
- 7Fold dough over the filling and pinch edges to seal tightly.
- 8Brush all sides of the packet with the melted butter.
- 9Coat each packet with the crushed croutons.
- 10Place packets on baking sheets.
- 11Bake 20 min or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Packets OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.1
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 165.8 mg
- Sodium 1081.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g