1 hr 30 mins
This is a Good Housekeeping recipe. It's delicious and pretty easy too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, about
- 1Prepare Dough: In large bowl, stir yeast and sugar into 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F).
- 2Let stand until yeast mixture foams, about 5 minutes.
- 3With wooden spoon, stir in oil, salt, and 1 cup warm water.
- 4Gradually add 3 1/2 cups flour, stirring until a stiff dough forms.
- 5Turn dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 7 to 10 minutes, working in more flour (about 1/2 cup) while kneading.
- 6Shape dough into a ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough over to grease top.
- 7Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (80 to 85 degrees F) until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 8(If making ahead, place covered bowl of unrisen dough in refrigerator for 24 hours to rise. When ready to use, follow recipe from Step 5 to complete.) Punch down dough.
- 9Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; cover and let rest 15 minutes for easier shaping.
- 10Grease large cookie sheet (17" by 14").
- 11On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 16" by 12" rectangle.
- 12Prepare Filling: Arrange cheese slices on dough up to 1/2 inch from edges, overlapping slices slightly if necessary.
- 13Repeat with salami and ham.
- 14Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 15From a long side, roll up dough jelly-roll fashion.
- 16Pinch seam and ends to seal, and tuck ends under slightly.
- 17Place loaf, seam side down, diagonally on cookie sheet.
- 18Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rest 15 minutes.
- 19Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 20In cup, with fork, beat egg slightly.
- 21Brush loaf with egg.
- 22With knife, make 5 long diagonal slashes in top of loaf, about 1/4-inch deep.
- 23Bake loaf 30 to 35 minutes, until browned.
- 24Loosen bottom of loaf with wide metal spatula and slide onto wire rack.
- 25Cool slightly to serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.
- 26To reheat, place on cookie sheet in preheated 375 degrees F oven 10 to 15 minutes, until warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pizza Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 380.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g