Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my favorite fish recipes. This is easy to make and tastes wonderful. A great dish for any night or something special for company.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jarsliced mushrooms, , drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh, cooked crabmeat or 1⁄2 lb fresh, cooked canned crabmeat, , , drained and cartilage removed
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets or 2 1⁄2 lbs flounder fillets or 2 1⁄2 lbs orange roughy fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (, I perfer sharp)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- cooked wild rice (optional) or cooked white rice, , or a mixture (optional)
- In a saucepan, saute onion, shrimp, and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender.
- Add crabmeat; heat through.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture on fillets; roll up lengthwise and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine the soup, broth and water; blend until smooth.
- Pour over fillets.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley; return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over rice if desired.
I made this when an old friend came to stay this week. He enjoyed a glass of wine with me as I attempted to do this recipe. I thought I had bought sole fillets but as it turned out I had grabbed the wrong package. I had polluck and they are split in the middle so are very hard to roll up nicely. After many attempts and a couple glasses of wine I gave up. I layered this all in a casserole with the fish on the bottom.I used about 5 fillets. I omitted the shrimp and broth as I didn't have any and only used 1 can of soup. My friend was hysterical as he says I can never really follow a recipe, but everything I make tastes great. This was no exception. Great recipe I will definitely make this again! I may even buy the right fish this time.
This recipe is completely wonderful. I absolutely love crab and shrimp, and to pair it up with a lovely white fish like sole and a creamy sauce... Heaven. I dislike tinned mushrooms, so I used fresh ones and guessed at the amount. Didn't seem to hurt anything.