1 hr 15 mins
Nicole Brummett's Note:
One of my favorite fish recipes. This is easy to make and tastes wonderful. A great dish for any night or something special for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, , drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 lb fresh, cooked crabmeat or 1/2 lb fresh, cooked canned crabmeat, , , drained and cartilage removed
- 2 1/2 lbs sole fillets or 2 1/2 lbs flounder fillets or 2 1/2 lbs orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (, I perfer sharp)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- cooked wild rice (optional) or cooked white rice, , or a mixture (optional)
- 1In a saucepan, saute onion, shrimp, and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender.
- 2Add crabmeat; heat through.
- 3Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 4Spoon crabmeat mixture on fillets; roll up lengthwise and fasten with a toothpick.
- 5Place in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 6Combine the soup, broth and water; blend until smooth.
- 7Pour over fillets.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese.
- 9Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with parsley; return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 11Serve over rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Sole
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 1624.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 31.4 g