Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my favorite fish recipes. This is easy to make and tastes wonderful. A great dish for any night or something special for company.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jarsliced mushrooms, , drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb fresh, cooked crabmeat or 1⁄2 lb fresh, cooked canned crabmeat, , , drained and cartilage removed
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets or 2 1⁄2 lbs flounder fillets or 2 1⁄2 lbs orange roughy fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (, I perfer sharp)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- cooked wild rice (optional) or cooked white rice, , or a mixture (optional)
- In a saucepan, saute onion, shrimp, and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender.
- Add crabmeat; heat through.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture on fillets; roll up lengthwise and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine the soup, broth and water; blend until smooth.
- Pour over fillets.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley; return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over rice if desired.