1/2 Photos of Succulent Shrimp/Prawn Spread (No Bake)
CHILI SPICE's Note:
Simple, savory, sweet, spicy (that is up to you)... I can't even guess how many times I have whipped up this quick spread for guests with rave reviews. This is one of my favorite appetizer dishes because it is so easy and has so much flavor. I use my own recipe for cocktail sauce (#287829 Kicked Up Cocktail Sauce) with this recipe but you can also used bottled..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or Salad dressing)
- 3 cups shrimp (cooked and roughly chopped) or 3 cups prawns (cooked and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce (I use this Kicked up Cocktail Sauce)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, medium size seeded and diced
- 8 prawns, cooked with tails on for presentation (optional)
- 1Cream the first 3 ingredients together in a bowl. Spread over a 12 inch (30 cm) pizza pan or flat platter. (Note: I like to make a small lip around the edge so all the toppings stay inside).
- 2Scatter shrimp over cheese mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients sprinkled in these layers over cheese mixture and shrimp/prawns. Seafood cocktail sauce (spread around), mozzarella cheese, green peppers, green onions and tomato.
- 3Place presentation prawns over top of the spread.
- 4Best served with crackers (I like Wheat Thins).
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Succulent Shrimp/Prawn Spread (No Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 266.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seafood cocktail sauce