Classic yummy sandwich, my way.
Make and share this Sue's Grilled Ham and Cheese (Croque Monsieur) recipe from Food.com.
- Spread bread with however much mustard you like.
- Top with cheese (thinly sliced or spread), and sliced ham.
- Spread outside of sandwich with soft butter.
- Heat small pan, griddle, or panini maker until it gets hot, then drop in sandwich and immediately turn heat to low.
- Shake pan to evenly distribute butter on bread as it melts.
- When bottom side is golden, flip sandwich, shimmy the pan, and remove sandwich from heat when golden.
- Slice if desired, and serve hot, with your favorite sides.