I tried a sample of this at Costco and it was so good, I bought a huge jar of the tomatoes just so I could repeat this at home. I am almost embarrassed to share this, as it is so incredibly simple, but they were so good. I am guessing on the amounts.
- 40 butter flavored crackers (such as Ritz)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmarinated sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (the kind I tried had Italian seasonings in the oil already)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded, garnish (optional)
- NOTE: If your sundried tomatoes do not already have Italian seasoned herbs in their oil, you will need to first stir in 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning blend to your tomatoes, then cover and chill overnight.
- Drain off the oil from your tomatoes.
- Spread a generous spoonful of cream cheese onto each cracker and top with a strip of marinated sundried tomato.
- Place onto a platter and garnish with strips of fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- (You may need more or less or any of the ingredients- the Zaar computer only accepts specific amounts, so I have tried to give you a rough guess).
Simple and delicious. I used whole basil leaves and flavored cream cheese to cut down on prep.
Truly simple, very attractive to serve and very good to taste.
These are great and easy. The only thing I would recommend is using a more substantial cracker, as my Ritz got soggy when I pre-prepared them to take to a party. Thanks Heather.