1/7 Photos of Super Snazzy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I made this for the RSC #11 contest. This certainly isn't a low fat or diet friendly sandwich but it is very indulgent tasting. I grilled mine on my Foreman Grill so that I didn't have to use extra butter and plus I got the nifty grill mark lines :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute shallots, mushrooms and bacon in the olive oil until the bacon is cooked through but not crispy and the shallots are softened.
- 2Put the shredded cheese in a small bowl and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Toss until all of the cheese is coated by the cayenne pepper.
- 3Put half of the cheese mixture on one of the slices of bread.
- 4Top cheese with the shallot, mushroom and bacon mixture and spread out so that it fully covers the bread and cheese.
- 5Arrange the six tomato halves on the bread so that they form two parallel lines down the middle of the bread.
- 6Put one spinach leaf on each corner.
- 7Put the second half of the cheese mixture on top of the spinach and top with the second slice of bread.
- 8Spray each side of the sandwich with butter flavored cooking spray and put onto a hot Foreman type grill and cook until the cheese is melted and the outside is golden (about 5 minutes) OR fry in a buttered pan as you would a traditional grill cheese sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Snazzy Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.8
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 777.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: