This recipe comes straight from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. It really does taste like a Supreme Pizza. The best part is, you make it the day before you want to serve it and refrigerate. The cook time, is really chill time. I put down 2 hours, but it is really better the next day. NOTE: The original recipe calls for a pound of mozzarella cheese, but I only use 1/2 pound. If you like a lot of cheese...go for a pound!!!!
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced
- 8 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepperoni (can use more if you like)
- 1⁄2 lb diced mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces wagon wheel macaroni, cooked al dente and cooled under water and drained
- fresh basil, if desired
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, onion, mushroon, pepper, pepperoni, mozzarella, basil and pasta in a large bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients, except olive oil together.
- Slowly add olive oil while whisking.
- When oil is incorporated in dressing, pour over pasta salad and toss to coat evenly.