This recipe comes straight from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. It really does taste like a Supreme Pizza. The best part is, you make it the day before you want to serve it and refrigerate. The cook time, is really chill time. I put down 2 hours, but it is really better the next day. NOTE: The original recipe calls for a pound of mozzarella cheese, but I only use 1/2 pound. If you like a lot of cheese...go for a pound!!!!
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced
- 8 fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepperoni (can use more if you like)
- 1⁄2 lb diced mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounces wagon wheel macaroni, cooked al dente and cooled under water and drained
- fresh basil, if desired
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, onion, mushroon, pepper, pepperoni, mozzarella, basil and pasta in a large bowl.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients, except olive oil together.
- Slowly add olive oil while whisking.
- When oil is incorporated in dressing, pour over pasta salad and toss to coat evenly.
Yes, it does taste like pizza! Simple to put together and it makes the kids happy at parties...keeps them quiet for a while so the adults can talk! Thank you!
What a great pasta salad and it makes a nice change from the couple I usually make. It was easy and quick to make. It does taste like pizza!!
This is an excellent pasta side dish. You're right it really does taste like a supreme pizza! I love the great tomato flavor! Thanks for the recipe!