Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe in my vegetable co-op box. I'm sure you could sub. spinach for the swiss chard. It turns out great!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bunch swiss chard (or spinach)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pie crusts
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Brown onion and garlic in oil.
- Trim and chop chard, add to pan and cook down until wilted.
- Beat eggs in a bowl; mix in cheese, salt and chard mixture.
- Pour into pie crusts; bake until knife inserted into center comes out clean, 30-40 minute.
We really enjoyed this pie. I halved the recipe and made only one pie. We used half feta cheese and half white cheddar.
I made this with spinach and it was wonderful. We all liked it very much. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe.
This was yummy! A friend is arriving in the wee hours tonight after a flight so wanted something simple and not heavy. Delicious. I used spinach, and it worked well.