Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Smothered in a thick sauce and topped with buttery cracker crumbs, this entree is a hit.
Make and share this Swiss Chicken Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups crushed butter flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with minced onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and water; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and crumbs are golden.
This chicken dish IS DELISH! The only thing I did different was used finely diced onion, instead of the "dried onion", and cubed the chicken breasts into chunks. I definitely recommend using the swiss cheese. We LOVE swiss cheese and that pushed it over the top for us. Now if you want to take it one step further, you can add some diced ham, to make it a Cordon Bleu casserole. I might do that next time. It was simply yummy. Thank you looneytunesfan!
We loved this recipe! DH isn't overly fond of swiss cheese, so at another reviewer's suggestion, I used mozzarella. Oh my goodness, this had "ooey gooey" cheesiness and wonderful flavor.
My husband always has an opinion when I serve up dinner, and he had nothing but good reviews for this recipe. This was really delicious! I served with mashed potatoes, and it made for a great gravy to top them as well.