Not only love recipes with only one pan to wash, but it is delicious as well!
Make and share this Taco One Skillet Meal recipe from Food.com.
- Cook ground beef and onions together until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off all fat.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
- Add enough water to juice to make 2 1/2 cups.
- Add to the pan.
- Add tomatoes, rice and taco seasoning and stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and place lettuce on top.
This was good for an easy and quick weeknight dinner. Next time I would personally reduce the rice by 1/2. Thanks for posting!
I made this one night while we were camping. PERFECT camping recipe!!! I made the following substitutions: ground turkey instead of ground beef, garlic & sweet onion petite cut tomatoes and Calrose (short grain) rice. I'm going to be making it at home - it's so good! The leftovers are great as a dip with corn chips.
I have made this twice so far. Very easy, simple, tasty, and kid friendly too. I'm always looking for quick weeknight meals aned this is perfect.