Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good summer eating!
Make and share this Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes or 4 -5 roma tomatoes
- 1 bag yellow taco chips, crushed
- 1 (500 ml) bottle Catalina dressing
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 500 g ground beef
- In frying pan cook ground beef until well done.
- Set aside to cool.
- Chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Next, shred cheese and crush chips.
- Place the above into a large bowl.
- Toss until well incorporated.
- Now empty entire bottle of salad dressing and mix well.
- Serves many!
Loved it! It was perfect my husband does not like salad but he loved this!!!
I've been making this for years too! I use green onions instead of regular, and cool ranch doritos instead of corn chips. I also cheat and use one big bag of prepared salad mix.
This is a great recipe. I have been making this for several years. It is always a big hit even with people who think they won't like it. I put it all in a big tupperware bowl with a lid and shake it until it is all mixed and coated with the dressing. The only thing is that it gets soggy and isn't good for leftovers.