1/6 Photos of Tasty Cheesy Scalloped Potato Casserole
Marsha D.'s Note:
This is one of my favorite casseroles to make. I found the recipe in Southern Living mag. years ago and have kepted it in my cookbook to make when I am feeling cheesy. My family loves this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Slice potatoes to 1/8inch slices into a bowl and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350'.
- 3In a medium to large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Add green onions,red pepper and minced garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Add whipping cream, milk,salt and pepper and stir well.
- 6Add potatoes and bring to a boil, turn heat to low temp and cook for 13 minutes or until tender.
- 7Spray a 11x7x1 1/2in.dish with Pam.
- 8Add potato mixture to dish,sprinkle pamersan cheese and swiss cheese over potatoes.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- 10Carefully watch the cheese to keep from browning to dark.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 12Note:May add shredded cheddar cheese or favorite cheese, when applying cheese to casserole before baking.
- 13Add alittle water to potatoes while boiling if necessary.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Cheesy Scalloped Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 439.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g