1/6 Photos of Tasty Cheesy Scalloped Potato Casserole
Marsha D.'s Note:
This is one of my favorite casseroles to make. I found the recipe in Southern Living mag. years ago and have kepted it in my cookbook to make when I am feeling cheesy. My family loves this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Slice potatoes to 1/8inch slices into a bowl and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350'.
- 3In a medium to large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Add green onions,red pepper and minced garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Add whipping cream, milk,salt and pepper and stir well.
- 6Add potatoes and bring to a boil, turn heat to low temp and cook for 13 minutes or until tender.
- 7Spray a 11x7x1 1/2in.dish with Pam.
- 8Add potato mixture to dish,sprinkle pamersan cheese and swiss cheese over potatoes.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- 10Carefully watch the cheese to keep from browning to dark.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 12Note:May add shredded cheddar cheese or favorite cheese, when applying cheese to casserole before baking.
- 13Add alittle water to potatoes while boiling if necessary.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Cheesy Scalloped Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 439.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g