1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Eggplant Melts
Slices of eggplant are sprinkled with chili powder, baked, then topped with slices of red onion, tomato, avocado and pepper-jack cheese and broiled to melt the cheese. This makes a great side dish with a Southwestern-style dinner. Also great for appetizers. I'm even thinking this would be great for breakfast with a fried egg! I wonder if it would stay on top of the stack? Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush both sides of each eggplant slice with the olive oil.
- 2Place on a baking sheet.
- 3Sprinkle the top side of each slice with chili powder.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- 5Remove the baking sheet from the oven; top each eggplant slice with onion, tomato, avocado and cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes or till the cheese melts and is bubbly.
- 6Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a little cilantro. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Eggplant Melts
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 163.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: