Delicious & spicy Little Party Bites. Can be made day's ahead and can be frozen. Recipe includes a Dip for them too! If recipe appears to hot or spicy for you , you can change the Cheeses to a Mild Cheddar, Mozzarella or Swiss and omit the Cayenne Pepper.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup of crumbled sausage (drained of all grease) or 1 cup bacon (drained of all grease)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (drained)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I use Emeril's Bamm!)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives (optional)
Dip for Dipping
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, and
- 1⁄2 cup hot taco sauce, mixed
- Combined all ingredients mixing well.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- (I use 2 9x13 pan's and cook 2 at a time).
- Bake in a preheated oven on 350° for 20 minutes
- or until golden brown like cornbread.
- Let cool slightly and cut into 2 inch squares.
- Dip into the Sour Cream and Taco Sauce Dip or eat them Plain!
- If you freeze them,let them thaw & reheat them slowly in a 275° preheated oven until warm.