1/1 Photo of Tex Mex Party Bites Aka: Rattlesnake Bites
Donna Luckadoo's Note:
Delicious & spicy Little Party Bites. Can be made day's ahead and can be frozen. Recipe includes a Dip for them too! If recipe appears to hot or spicy for you , you can change the Cheeses to a Mild Cheddar, Mozzarella or Swiss and omit the Cayenne Pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup of crumbled sausage (drained of all grease) or 1 cup bacon (drained of all grease)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (drained)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I use Emeril's Bamm!)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives (optional)
Dip for Dipping
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, and
- 1/2 cup hot taco sauce, mixed
- 1Combined all ingredients mixing well.
- 2Pour 1/2 the mixture into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- 3(I use 2 9x13 pan's and cook 2 at a time).
- 4Bake in a preheated oven on 350° for 20 minutes
- 5or until golden brown like cornbread.
- 6Let cool slightly and cut into 2 inch squares.
- 7Dip into the Sour Cream and Taco Sauce Dip or eat them Plain!
- 8If you freeze them,let them thaw & reheat them slowly in a 275° preheated oven until warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Party Bites Aka: Rattlesnake Bites
Serving Size: 1 (1937 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 156.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper
hot taco sauce