- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Generously brush two 12-cup mini-muffin pans with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, white pepper and parsley.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk together until just combined (don't worry if a few lumps remain).
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups to within about 1/4 inch of the rim (about 1 1/2 Tbs. each).
- Place a scant 1 tsp crumbled cheese in the center of each filled cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Do not open the oven door during this time.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake until the popovers are brown and crusty and fully puffed, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the popovers to a napkin-lined bowl or warmed platter.
- Serve immediately.
- Or, let cool on wire racks for up to 2 hours, then reheat in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.