1/3 Photos of Tiny Roquefort Popovers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese or 3 ounces other strong-flavored crumbly blue cheese, crumbled
- 1Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 450°F.
- 2Generously brush two 12-cup mini-muffin pans with vegetable oil.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, white pepper and parsley.
- 4In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs and butter.
- 5Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk together until just combined (don't worry if a few lumps remain).
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups to within about 1/4 inch of the rim (about 1 1/2 Tbs. each).
- 7Place a scant 1 tsp crumbled cheese in the center of each filled cup.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes.
- 9Do not open the oven door during this time.
- 10Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake until the popovers are brown and crusty and fully puffed, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- 11Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the popovers to a napkin-lined bowl or warmed platter.
- 12Serve immediately.
- 13Or, let cool on wire racks for up to 2 hours, then reheat in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiny Roquefort Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g