Prepare the bread slices ahead and refrigerate until ready to broil. Also if you like lots of butter then increase the butter to 3/4 cup if desired.
- Set oven heat to broil.
- Cut the breat into about 1-1/2 inch slices.
- In a small bowl combine soft butter with olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Place each slice of bread onto a large baking sheet.
- Spread the butter mixture on top of each slice.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned (keep an close eye on the slices, they brown quickly!).
- Remove from broiler and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of each slice.
- Return to broiler for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned and melted.
- Serve immediately.