Sweet onion slices sink into melty aged sharp cheddar.
Make and share this Toasted Roasted Cheese and Onion Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Toast bread slices fairly crisp.
- Butter toast on both sides, lay cheese slices on toast, add onion slices over cheese, grind pepper over onions.
- Lay more cheese slices over onion.
- Place second piece of toast on top and squish down.
- Place on a cookie sheet under oven broiler, about 5 or 6 inches from heat.
- Turn over when that side is golden and the cheese has started to melt.
- Leave under broiler until the second side is golden and the cheese is ooozing out of sides.
- Place on a luncheon plate, cut in two and enjoy!