1/4 Photos of Tomato and Camembert Tart
Made with an olive-oil crust and a drizzle of herb-infused olive oil, this is delicious and healthy! This is a wonderful savory tart! Prep time does not include 30 minutes chill time. Adapted from Country Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons add more as needed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices and seeds removed
- 6 ounces camembert cheese, sliced into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 small bay leaf, finely crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1To make the tart dough:
- 2Using a pastry blender(or 2 knives), mix the flour, butter, salt, and pepper until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Using a fork, mix in 2 tablespoons of the oil and the water just until the bottom of the mixture begins to cling together. If necessary, add an additional tablespoon of oil.
- 4Gather the dough into a ball, flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 6Roll out the chilled dough into a 14-inch circle and place it into a tart pan; set aside.
- 7Spread the mustard over the bottom of the tart shell. Sprinkle the Gruyère evenly over the mustard and alternately place the tomato and Camembert over the Gruyère.
- 8In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, all of the herbs, and the garlic together and brush two-thirds of the mixture over the tart. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 35 minutes.
- 9Remove the tart and brush it with the remaining oil. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Camembert Tart
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g