1/4 Photos of Tomato and Camembert Tart
Made with an olive-oil crust and a drizzle of herb-infused olive oil, this is delicious and healthy! This is a wonderful savory tart! Prep time does not include 30 minutes chill time. Adapted from Country Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons add more as needed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices and seeds removed
- 6 ounces camembert cheese, sliced into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 small bay leaf, finely crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1To make the tart dough:
- 2Using a pastry blender(or 2 knives), mix the flour, butter, salt, and pepper until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Using a fork, mix in 2 tablespoons of the oil and the water just until the bottom of the mixture begins to cling together. If necessary, add an additional tablespoon of oil.
- 4Gather the dough into a ball, flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 6Roll out the chilled dough into a 14-inch circle and place it into a tart pan; set aside.
- 7Spread the mustard over the bottom of the tart shell. Sprinkle the Gruyère evenly over the mustard and alternately place the tomato and Camembert over the Gruyère.
- 8In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, all of the herbs, and the garlic together and brush two-thirds of the mixture over the tart. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 35 minutes.
- 9Remove the tart and brush it with the remaining oil. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Camembert Tart
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.8
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g