Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great way to use up left over turkey and cranberry sauce. This is an OceanSpray recipe that was posted in the Houston Chronicle. Very yummy! What's more American than turkey and cranberry sauce. This recipe represents the Southwestern region of the US because of chile and monterey jack cheese.
- 4 slices Italian bread or 4 slices ciabatta
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach (I used curly red tip lettuce)
- 2 slices onions (I like red onion)
- 8 ounces sliced turkey
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Stir cranberry sauce, mayonnaise and chipotle chile in a small bowl until well-mixed.
- Spread cut surfaces of bread with cranberry mixture; place 1/2 of spinach (or lettuce) on each of two slices of bread, then an onion slice each, then 1/2 the turkey each, then a slice of cheese on each; place the other two slices of bread on top of each stack and slightly flatten by hand.
- Brush both outer sides of sandwiches with olive oil.
- Heat sandwiches in a panini press for about 5 minutes, or heat them in a large skillet over medium heat turning after five minutes or until the sandwich is toasted on both sides and hot throughout.
We really enjoyed these. I didn't have the chipotle, but did have some dried ground and put just a little. We had 1/2 of one left over and it even reheated well in the microwave. I used a ciabatta roll. Also substituted provolone cheese.
We enjoyed these but you need to be careful with the chipotle - it gets hot fast! I will use a little less next time and I'm sure they will be much better! Thanks!
We got a panini maker for the holidays and this was an awesome recipe to initiate it with! I could not find the chipotle chilie so I used diced green chilis that are canned in the Mexican food section of the grocery store and it was excellent. Many thanks for sharing!!