Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fast and easy appetizers.
Make and share this Turkey Nachos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown the turkey; drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and water; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the tortilla chips on a greased baking sheet.
- Layer with turkey, sour cream, and salsa.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Broil for a few minutes (4-5) or until cheese is melted.
Wow these are five stars PLUS! :) I cut this recipe in half to make it for a lunch for myself, and it not only was easy to do but I still have tons left to look forward to for dinner. I also liked broiling all of the ingredients together rather than just the cheese - gave the flavors a chance to mingle to make that five star flavor. I used all low-fat ingredients and topped them off with fresh chopped tomatoes. Will definitely make again - thank you for sharing!
Very simple to make and real tasty. The turkey meat had good flavor. I layered with guacamole and salsa, then the cheeses. Kids and husband loved it. So did I. Thank you for a quick, fast dinner or snack.
My husband and I both liked this recipe. It was incredibly easy to prepare and tasted pretty darn good! Kinda hard to believe for how simple it was to make!! I altered the recipe a little by adding canned jalapeno peppers and fat free refried beans to the nachos. I also used fat free mozz. and cheddar cheeses instead of the jack cheese and light sour cream w/ WOW tortilla chips. I would definitely recommend this recipe to someone who wants to cook a quick dinner to someone who is new to cooking.