1/2 Photos of Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
These cheesy, buttery, garlicky potatoes make a great casual weekend lunch. If we had guests, we'd probably serve them on a plate with a crisp green salad, but really, they're great just on their own. Not for slimmers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- 2Scrub potatoes well, but do not peel.
- 3Dry thoroughly with a cloth or paper towels.
- 4Pierce potatoes several times with a sharp knife.
- 5Place potatoes in a roasting tin.
- 6Drizzle a little olive oil over each potato and roll until well coated.
- 7Sprinkle each potato well with salt and roll until evenly coated.
- 8Place the roasting tin on an upper shelf of the oven.
- 9Roast potatoes at 200°C (400°F) for approximately 1 hour or until cooked.
- 10While the potatoes are cooking, combine butter, garlic and herbs in a microwave safe bowl and cook on HIGH just until butter is melted.
- 11(Alternatively, melt butter mixture in a saucepan over medium heat.) Remove the butter mixture from the microwave (or stove) and stir in cheese and pepper.
- 12Set aside until needed (but not in the fridge!).
- 13When the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven but leave the oven turned on.
- 14Now, cut each potato in half, lengthwise.
- 15Using a teaspoon, scoop out most of the potato flesh being careful not to tear the skins.
- 16Place the potato flesh into a bowl and add the reserved butter/cheese mixture.
- 17Mash potato with the back of a fork until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- 18Pile potato flesh back into the skins and return potato halves to the roasting tin.
- 19Return the tin to the top shelf of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the tops of the potatoes are a light golden brown.
- 20Remove potatoes from oven and place into serving bowls (2 halves per person).
- 21Top each potato half with a heaped teaspoonful of sour cream.
- 22Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 572.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: