Cook1 hr 15 mins
These cheesy, buttery, garlicky potatoes make a great casual weekend lunch. If we had guests, we'd probably serve them on a plate with a crisp green salad, but really, they're great just on their own. Not for slimmers!
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Scrub potatoes well, but do not peel.
- Dry thoroughly with a cloth or paper towels.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a sharp knife.
- Place potatoes in a roasting tin.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each potato and roll until well coated.
- Sprinkle each potato well with salt and roll until evenly coated.
- Place the roasting tin on an upper shelf of the oven.
- Roast potatoes at 200°C (400°F) for approximately 1 hour or until cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine butter, garlic and herbs in a microwave safe bowl and cook on HIGH just until butter is melted.
- (Alternatively, melt butter mixture in a saucepan over medium heat.) Remove the butter mixture from the microwave (or stove) and stir in cheese and pepper.
- Set aside until needed (but not in the fridge!).
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven but leave the oven turned on.
- Now, cut each potato in half, lengthwise.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out most of the potato flesh being careful not to tear the skins.
- Place the potato flesh into a bowl and add the reserved butter/cheese mixture.
- Mash potato with the back of a fork until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pile potato flesh back into the skins and return potato halves to the roasting tin.
- Return the tin to the top shelf of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the tops of the potatoes are a light golden brown.
- Remove potatoes from oven and place into serving bowls (2 halves per person).
- Top each potato half with a heaped teaspoonful of sour cream.
- Serve hot.